Interesting Opportunity for a Design Engineer / R&D Engineer in a Medical Device company in Galway.
Job Summary: This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join the R&D Team. This position is responsible for designing, developing, building and testing of electromechanical, metallurgical & polymeric products. It is also responsible for specifying/designing, developing and testing the equipment and processes to manufacture and test these products. Furthermore, the position is responsible for documenting these activities in line with the company's product and process development procedure
• As part of the Mechanical Design Engineering team, working on new and existing product design & development projects.
• Support project teams in general activities related to ongoing product design & development.
• Responsible for design, development, build and testing of products.
• Responsible for specifying/designing, developing and testing the equipment and processes to manufacture and test these products.
• Responsible for documenting project activities in line with the company's product and process development procedures.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write and present concise technical reports.
• Effective liaison with, and support of, other in-house departments as necessary.
• Other activities as directed by their Supervisor.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Mechanical Engineering role or equivalent.
• Experience in the Medical Device area would be an advantage.
• Expertise with 3D Modelling & Drawing software such as Solidworks or Creo would be an advantage.
• Enjoys understanding technical problems, and driven to find optimum solutions.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a fast paced environment with good
• Strong presentation skills, and has an ability to portray concepts concisely.
• Typical office environment, development labs and manufacturing areas.
• Some travel may be required with the role. (10%)
For further information on this Design Engineer / R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.