Telephone: 086 8395533
Design Assurance Quality Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Design Assurance Quality Engineer
This is an opportunity to be part of the Quality function for one of the most innovative and advanced medical device manufacturing companies in the business. We are experiencing tremendous growth, and are looking to build the quality team via this addition to the staff.
The Design Assurance Engineer provides input to our contract development teams in the design of highly complex medical devices. They ensure that compliance to customer and regulatory requirements is demonstrated and help to ensure successful transfer of the design to manufacturing. They are responsible for accurate, independent evaluation of Design History File documentation and overall Quality System compliance.
- Plans, conducts and executes design assurance activities requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaptation of standard mechanical engineering techniques, testing procedures and criteria.
- Works closely with product development engineering and the client team to establish the system design specifications and product requirements.
- Performs and documents all engineering studies and reports to satisfy the master verification plan.
- Participates with the engineering team to establish and review the design FMEA.
- Routinely provides design assurance guidance and direction to engineers and/or technicians for the duration of a project assignment.
- Support various QA/RA activities including quality management, system reviews, audits, etc.
- Evaluation of new products, assuring the safety and efficacy of the devices
- Design verification and shelf life protocols / reports review.
- Root cause investigations; drive problem solving efforts for quality issues
- Support customer complaint analysis and post market surveillance activities
- Generate and approve change requests
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Working with Program Managers and Process Engineers to co-ordinate and prepare sample submission packages, updates and maintains the FMEA’s, Process Flow diagrams and Process Control Plans.
- Candidates must have 3-5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team, to multi-task and do what it takes to meet high expectations and tight deadlines. Will be working on highly visible projects in high-pressure situations.
- Must have good written & oral communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with different engineering teams, Product Management, vendors and partners, and customers.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to meet with customers / project teams.
For further information on this Design Assurance Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.