Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer for their site.
This position will be reporting to the Principal Engineer - New Product Design & Development. The Design Engineer provides Engineering support in the European Design Engineering team to deliver Exterior/Aesthetic Design for the Next Generation Refrigeration platform that optimizes the function, value and appearance of the product for the mutual benefit of both manufacturing and end-user.
- Design, development & testing of the Exterior Design for EU Trailer product.
- Work in tandem with the design & test engineering teams (largely from Mechanical engineering backgrounds) & understand how other Engineering requirements affect the Exterior.
- Perform necessary design and CREO work associated with such projects. Have experience of working with Industrial Designers and be capable of taking concept designs to prototyping. Demonstrate and deliver engineering proficiency in 3D CAD, Sheet-metal Design, Rendering software.
- Exhibit a knowledge of a wide range of exterior materials including plastics, metals, carbon fibre, be able to compare and contrast available materials and work within budget parameters.
- Manage Supplier Partnerships for all Exterior components: from design concept, specification release, liaising with suppliers, prototype builds, factory production and field testing, as well as tracking and monitoring their performance in the field
- Maintain orderly project plans & records. Communicate and document work progress as required through verbal and written means.
- Promote good customer relationships through, meetings, training and presentations, project status reporting, and re-solving day-to-day problems which require interactions with operatives, engineers & consultants.
- Honours Primary degree, or Master?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Technical//Functional Knowledge: Candidate must quickly master process (CREO) product and diverse material and component technologies and use.
Planning/ Organisation: Strong project planning and time management skills with the ability to balance present demands against long-range business plan objectives. Meets deadlines and objectives on an ongoing basis by removing roadblocks and utilising all available resources.
Business Focus: Actively contributes to business strategies, practices, processes and procedures by linking engineering activities and objectives to the business plan. Keeps up to date with business developments and trends by linking project initiatives and project plans to the long-term strategy.
Teamwork: Fosters effective teamwork where people work together to achieve common goals.
Communication/ Influence: Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas and results in a clear and concise manner. A strong team player that is capable of working with others.
Problem Solving/ Decision Making: Demonstrates ability to get to root cause and to take effective action to solve problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
Initiative: Demonstrates initiative and innovation in approach to work, ability to develop new methods and approaches. Proactive in identifying and delivering upon new projects is important.
For further information on this Design Engineering role please contact Tracey Lenihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval