Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway, are looking to recruit a Design Engineer for a 12 month contract for their site in Galway.
Work as Mechanical design engineer in the Galway R&D centre with responsibility for Sustaining Engineering Work and a particular focus on source change projects. This role will involve driving improvements through design and innovation on our products as part of a team both locally and internationally.
- Act as a resource, supporting other functions such as Product Management & Value Stream in the organization, a team player in Research and development, leading and supporting cross functional teams, interplant teams, and external resources.
- Identify, design, and manage engineering projects on products that will support factory, supplier & customer needs whilst achieving reliability requirements.
- Apply 6-Sigma tools and techniques to problem solving and new product development.
- Act as a change agent, thinking ?out of the box? to bring about change and innovation. Keep up to date with leading edge technical developments that may contribute to the next generation product concepts.
- Work within the Company processes. Plan, schedule and report on design projects in a professional manner, using Project Management to coordinate strict deadlines. Co-ordinate where necessary on project efforts across nonengineering functions.
- Plan & Conduct system Application Testing.
- Use the complete organization as a resource, capturing the experience and expertise of the Ingersoll-Rand supply base, while utilizing the design and manufacturing resources, and end-user expertise and experience.
- Proficiency in Engineering and ProE software a primary requirement. Proficiency in Large Assembly Techniques will be required as is a detailed understanding of BOM and design structure.
- Competencies in some of the following would also be a distinct advantage: Refrigeration, Machining, Sheetmetal & Plastic design, FMEA, 6 Sigma, Vibration measurement, FEA, Stress analysis and Failure analysis.
- Honors Primary degree, or Master?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- English fluency orally and in writing + other European language an advantage
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Proficiency in ProE software a primary requirement
- Previous experience in other related areas, such as Reliability Engineering, Refrigeration, Machining, Sheetmetal & Plastic design, FMEA, 6 Sigma, vibration measurement, FEA, stress analysis and failure analysis is desirable.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
For further information on this Design Engineer role please contact Tracey Lenihan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval