Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer for their site.
The Design Engineer will work in a cross functional Research & Development team in developing a portfolio of exciting and innovative new products. This key position within the Design Services group will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their broad range of research & development skills in a fast paced dynamic environment. In working on these exciting Research & Development projects the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other cross functional team members and dovetail into all the different elements of taking a product from concept through to commercialization. Based out of our Galway facility the successful candidate will report to the R&D Project Manager.
- Work on all elements of the Research & Development of projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Assist the Project Manager the development of intellectual property generated through the Research & Development activities.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Carry out Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance documented plans and protocols.
- Support the Project Manager in liaison with the network of Key Opinion Leaders to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
- An engineering degree or equivalent.
- 3+ year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience, including experience of design review and quality procedures.
- 3 yrs experience of Medical Device design development and experience of parallel design for manufacture.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of polymer materials and selection in medical device design would be an advantage.
For further information on this Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.