Our client, a medical device company, are looking to recruit a Design Engineer for their Galway site.
The successful candidate will work within the Design Services Group and will be responsible for the development and sustaining of our Integrated Sensor program from the Concept development phase & beyond.
The position has a high technical focus and part of the responsibility of the successful candidate is to be a ?technical go to? person and advisor to the wider DS group.
- Must have a dedicated technical career focus. Will Champion technical activities, seek and implement new materials & processes etc., where necessary. Acts as an Engineering authority within the Design Services Group for the design and integration of electrical sensor systems into minimally invasive medical devices.
- Must be highly practical in nature & demonstrate a resourceful approach. The successful candidate must have a genuine ability to fabricate prototype solutions from nearest available materials.
- Has wide and varied experience in concept related projects & prototype construction. Must be analytical in approach & able to generate, critically evaluate, adapt & present solid conceptual ideas.
- Ensures the project scope, cost & lead time associated with each project are clarified with both the customer and with the internal development team and delivered as per timelines and budget.
- Show accountability for project budgets & may communicate directly to the customer. Leads the project teams to deliver parallel projects against agreed milestones. Ensures that high quality projects are delivered on-time and within budget according to business requirements.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree level in an Engineering related discipline, ideally with a specific emphasis electrical or electronics systems.
- Must have at least 5-8 years of experience in project related activities.
- Ideally should currently hold the position of Senior Engineer.
The ideal candidate;
- Is a self-starter and capable of leading and motivating others.
- Highly organized, a strong leader & adept at maintaining simultaneous projects. Will coordinate the work of others and lead the project group by example.
- Must have excellent concept generation & prototyping skills with extensive knowledge of medical devices.
- Familiar with the design and manufacture of Electrophysiology catheters and similar products.
- Knowledge of conductive printed substrates, soldering & conductive adhesives essential.
- Is fluent in current Medical device design, processes & associated quality and test standards. Including IEC 60601-1 Requirements for Interventional Catheters
- Will have strong interpersonal skills and be capable of demonstrating both Customer & Vendor management.
For further information on this Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Aoife O'Reilly.