Design Engineer New Product Development
Our client, an engineering company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer (NPD) for their site.
Provide Design Engineering support in the European SP Truck Design Engineering team to deliver the Next Generation Refrigeration platform that optimizes the function, value and appearance of the product for the mutual benefit of both manufacturing and end-user.
- Support the design & development of SP Truck NPD Programs for the company's EMEA & Global products. The candidates will be expected to be responsible for the design and integrity of the Refrigeration Units and are expected to competent in project planning and execution.
- Work in tandem with the Design, Quality & Manufacturing engineering teams (largely from Mechanical engineering back-grounds) & deliver all requirements.
- Perform necessary design and analysis work associated with the projects. Experience in developing DFMEA is a necessity, along with Engineering proficiency in Pro engineer /Creo and Windchill including PDM Link.
- Manage Supplier Partnerships for all Module sub-components: from design concept, specification release, liaising with suppliers, prototype builds, factory production and field testing, as well as tracking and monitoring their performance in the field.
- Maintain orderly project plans & records. Communicate and document work progress as required through verbal and written means
- Maintain current technical skills and understanding of professional standards. Take responsibility for the continuing development of his/her career
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 year's min experience
- Technical//Functional Knowledge - Proficiency in ProEngineer/Creo and competent in Large Assembly management techniques. In Depth knowledge and experience of NPD Process a key advantage.
- Planning/ Organisation - Efficient project planning and time management skills with the ability to balance present demands against long-range business plan objectives. Meets deadlines and objectives on an ongoing basis by removing roadblocks and utilising all available resources.
- Business Focus - Actively contributes to business strategies, practices, processes and procedures by linking engineering activities and objectives to the business plan. Keeps up to date with business developments and trends by linking project initiatives and project plans to the long-term strategy.
- Teamwork - Fosters effective teamwork where people work together to achieve common goals.
- Communication/ Influence - Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas and results in a clear and concise manner. A strong team player that is capable of working with others.
- Problem Solving/ Decision Making - Demonstrates ability to get to root cause and to take effective action to solve problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Initiative - Demonstrates initiative and innovation in approach to work, ability to develop new methods and approaches. Pro-active in identifying and delivering upon new projects is important.
For further information on this role Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval