Telephone: 087 2197421
Design Operations Project Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Design Operations Project Manager for their site.
- Manage projects to deliver on both the customer and the company’s project objectives. This includes responsibility for schedule and resource planning, cost control, Unit Price, capital expenditure, quality, change and safety.
- Manage NPI projects through the design cycle from concept development through to full scale production.
- The PM will manage the introduction of the new product line from process development, line scale up, process validation, production ramp and hand off the new product line to the operations team in line with agreed performance targets.
- The project manager will be responsible for all DFM activities and will work closely with core operations groups to ensure the successful introduction of new products.
- Support the sales effort for the project and provide the company with a competitive advantage through personal professional experience.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship for the duration of the project, including all customer interaction and expectations. Continually seek and capitalise on opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Identify partnership opportunities and capitalise on "add-on" commercial opportunities within the project.
- Anticipate customer needs and propose alternative business solutions.
- In addition to NPI projects the candidate will also manage core Technology and Engineering projects which will enable the company to meet future site goals. This will involve reviewing current manufacturing capabilities and capacity and identifying areas where improvements are required. Preparing project plans and costing’s to justify a change, or investment, and successfully presenting these proposals to key business stakeholders.
- Champion compliance to company systems and processes
- Minimise project risk for both the customer and the company.
- Manage internal stakeholder expectations including revenue and profitability projections
- Mentor others in project management best practice.
- Drive a data driven culture and effective problem solving approach.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Participate and contribute to ongoing DS efficiency and improvement programs by bringing learnings form the transfer process and commercial build phase back to the early development teams.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years’ experience in manufacturing industry with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- 5+ years in project management/leadership capacity with responsibility for coordination of resources and facilities for projects.
- Proven examples of leading projects with customer involvement, proven examples of managing/leading production ramp /scale up projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
For further information on this Design Operations Project Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.