Telephone: 086 8395533
Design Project Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Design Project Manager for their site.
Objectives of Position:
- To grow the company's product design and New product introduction capabilities to win new customers through offering improved design and process options.
- Support Business development team to win new business in product development space.
- Project Manage product design and new product development/introduction projects
- Work with customers and potential customers to promote the company in the area of product re-design.
- Provide technical reports on DFX and VAVE for customers.
- Build product design and NPI team to expand group's capability.
- Work closely with Corporate Design team on product options for the company
- Support product design and development on customer visits.
- Provide customer support through direct involvement on Customer Focus Teams
- Ensure the smooth introduction of new products in a high volume production environment
- Ability to apply and implement concepts of Lean Manufacturing to new product designs.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- Manage technical resources to support NPI and product re-design projects.
- Coach and mentor technical resources to grow and develop product design group in Fermoy.
- Support PVT's & Engineering Builds.
- Provide detailed Technical reports on DFX and VAVE.
- Provide DFM on New Product Developments
- Ensure New Product builds are successful in Production
- Support customer's visits and work with Business development and Corporate Design teams to grow customer base.
- Completion of in house training programme
- Understand, Use and improve in house Procedures
- Increase product design offering and win new customers in product re-design space.
- Quarterly reporting to site management team on active projects detailing advancements & improvement opportunities
- Creation and delivery of company design capabilities PowerPoint pack to new prospective customers
- Degree in Design/Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial)
- 5/7 years' experience in a similar design/project management engineering role
- Excellent equipment knowledge and process debug troubleshoot skills
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Customer facing experience.
- Project Management Qualification and /or experience
- Design development, DFM and VAVE experience
- Medical device industry knowledge
- Lean practice implementation
For further information on this Design Project Manager role in Cork please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval