Telephone: 087 2197421
Design Services Projects Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Design Services Projects Manager for their site.
The Design Services (DS) Project Manager (PM) will report to the DS Senior Project Manager. The PM is responsible for management and completion of projects to the agreed customer scope. The PM will be responsible for coordination and leadership of multi functional team(s). The PM will also be required to manage, coach, mentor and develop personnel on team and within the DS group. The PM will have good product technology, process technology as applied in catheters and be knowledgeable in the design and development design control process and overall product development cycles.
- The PM will lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with DS customers.
- The PM will manage project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change and technical management of projects.
- The PM will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- The PM will communicate project status, performance and risks to the Projects group lead.
- The PM will operate to maintain service delivery requirements (OTIF) for the DS group.
- In association with the DS projects Lead the PM will deliver targeted project revenues for the DS group.
- The PM will be required to lead a core team of technical resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management and project risk management.
- Customer management: The PM will have the responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project, and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- The PM ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Participate and contribute to ongoing DS efficiency and improvement programs
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years experience in medical devices with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- 3+ years in project management/leadership capacity with responsibility for coordination of resources and facilities for projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to development projects in the minimally invasive catheter field from concept to commercialisation.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
For further information on this role Design Services Projects Manager in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval