Desktop Support Technician II
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Desktop Support Technician II for their site.
- Co-ordinate requests and resolves Tier 1 client technical issues to return the client to productivity as quickly as possible; adhere to signed service level agreements with Business Units.
- Co-ordinate all requests either by phone or mail through the helpdesk ticketing system to appropriate IT functions.
- Isolate and determine root cause of technical problem based on client input and remote management technology
- May need to determine effective resolution of issues by troubleshooting and analysing system issues.
- Determine business impact of problems based on Business Unit criteria
- Interact with internal and/or external escalation resources to resolve technical issues
- Recommend current supported software applications and hardware appropriate to best meet client requirements
- Create and update knowledge base to improve service to clients including: develop written procedures, tips, reports, and support related material
- Acquire and maintain knowledge on newly purchased and existing supported desktop software, hardware, and systems
- Work on tasks to develop and/or address process improvements, training, knowledge transfer, reports, and documentation
- May coordinate communication and troubleshooting to determine impact of major system outages which effect the entire organization
- Assist with the testing of new or upgraded PC software and hardware releases as requested
- Ensure that the company's systems and the information on them are protected in accordance with the company's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices
- Use of Lean tools and techniques to improve the IT service to internal customers.
For further information on this Desktop Support Technician II role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval