Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit a Dev Ops Consultant – Contract for their site.
- If you are excited about experimenting and innovation as we transform our DevOps architecture, this is the job for you.
- Together with a team of engineers, enable streamlined software development, by managing and owning the entire automated build pipeline, DevOps toolchain and associated test environments from source control to software delivery.
- Work with peer technical leaders and their teams to enable engineers to seamlessly create CI/CD pipelines for their software components.
- Focus on continuously improving the DevOps tooling and software delivery processes.
- Own and maintain highly reliable environments and toolchain with clear communication and timelines of any disruptions to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and continually improve the capacity of our production environments infrastructure
- Investigate and fix performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Extensive experience in maintaining and managing software build infrastructure.
- Extensive experience creating, maintaining and supporting automated build pipelines.
- Excellent knowledge of version control and source control management
- Experience in deploying, managing and maintaining at least 2 of the following DevOps toolchain such as Ansible, Jenkins/Concourse/TFS, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, SCCM etc.
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash and python.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft system administration and networking.
- Knowledge of test driven development, software configuration management and automated testing.
- Experience in managing a VMware based virtualization environment
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, IT, software engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Software Engineering roles
- Strong working knowledge of MSBuild.
Highly Desirable Requirements
- Experience with system’s management technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt or Chef.
- Experience in managing a container based automated build pipeline with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in managing an automated build pipeline for a mixed set of software assets.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using Wix and/or InstallShield.
For further information on this Dev Ops Consultant – Contract role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.