Telephone: 091 730022
Our client, a medical device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Development Engineer for their site.
As a development engineer you will work with cross functional teams to lead and participate in product and technology development projects. This will cover a broad range of clinical and technology fields, as required to meet the growing needs of our multinational based client companies. You will support development projects through a multi-phase program from concept to commercial launch.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- With clients or independently the ability to develop new concepts from initial design through design verification to market release.
- Leads the introduction of new technologies and optimizes existing technology.
- Designs and implements new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products to bring concept to market, including essential product and process documentation.
- Conducts feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Prepare effective project plans and manages project execution through development phases as appropriate.
- Conduct risk analysis for products under development.
- Coordinates activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.
- Execute validations of both product and technologies in conjunction with support functions.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Development Engineers do not normally have any direct reports. However in certain circumstances, technicians, operators and/or students may be assigned to them and they are expected to effectively supervise these people under the guidance of their own or the assignee's supervisor.
- In his/her absence the Technical Manager or another Development Engineer (delegated by the Technical Manager) will deputise.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Plastics or Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of medical device design and development experience is desired.
- Good working knowledge of applied statistics desirable
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability is desired.
- Experience working with operations to develop strong manufacturing process instructions and operator training to ensure smooth product transition into the manufacturing environment is required.
- Ability to interact with client companies in a professional manner.
- Effective management of resources.
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485, FDA QSIT and regulatory requirements. In particular s/he must have a detailed knowledge of MDD 93/42 EEC requirements and design control procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
For further information on this Development Engineer role in Roscommon please contact Anna McGowan on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval