Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a Payments Development Project Manager for its IT division based in Galway.
To take ownership of Payments new Product Projects through all stages of agile development, testing, release and live support.
You will create roadmaps, proposing the technical approach and technology to be used, chairing sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups.
You will have accountability for a team of development professionals and will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. You will be a credible leader who is able to provide clear direction and galvanise the team to work together and achieve clear objectives for the overall benefit of the business.
- Serve as technical lead on large, complex new build projects.
- Plans and coordinates the complex requirements definition, design, development and implementation of these projects.
- Delivery of projects in line with commitments
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Provides software / system solutions across projects and/or technologies to meet internal and external needs.
- Engineer systems and/or software, and/or transfer data for internal and external clients.
- Plans and coordinates peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members.
- Interact with corporate and project team members to negotiate timelines, responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Provides expert technical advice and solutions for internal and external clients.
- Develop and review methods to assess quality and efficiency of work performed by team, including metrics, internal process improvement, Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Meets personal and professional milestones as assigned, and interacts with the project team to organize timelines, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Act as formal line manager for staff including setting goals, appraisal of staff performance and development needs.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Contribute to the effective working of the IT Management Team
- Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Skills & Experience
- You will have a strong technical background in product delivery and Lifecycle management.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and be competent building working relationships at all levels.
- Must have 5+ year experience working in an IT development environment
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role leading a team of 5+ developers
- Expert-level competency in C#, ASP.NET - Web Forms, AJAX, MVC, JQuery, XML, Web Services and ADO.NET, SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Procedures)
- Experience with Angular JS a big advantage
- Good knowledge of SDLCs (especially AGILE and SCRUM), SOA and Enterprise Library
- Should be able to create Technical Design Document and UML diagrams from Requirements documents
- Solid experience with Source control tools (TFS/GIT), JIRA, Build Automation and UNIT tests
- Expert knowledge in software development tools, practices, and lifecycle methodologies.
- Excellent organizational, communication and supervisory skills.
- Degree in computer science or related field with extensive relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, WPF, WF and LINQ
For further information on this Payments Development Project Manager role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval