Our client, a leading medical device company is currently recruiting for a Director of Operations. The Operations Team is responsible for overseeing the financial performance as well as the productivity, quality, and efficient delivery of products and services by ensuring departments within operations work together and with the wider company in order to ensure world class service to the customers. Operations will implement policies and procedures for planning, goals and business objectives, make recommendations, and execute improvement efforts, as well as, continuously work to improve departmental workflow.
The Director of Operations for the Galway site will have 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in a world class manufacturing environment including medical product fabrication. He/she will have facility or significant departmental level leadership responsibility for materials management, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering and administrative functions in a fast moving, automated manufacturing environment.
The Director of Operations will have accountability for the profit and loss of the location and will provide support for generating new business in addition to manufacturing existing products. He/she will lead safety, quality, environmental compliance, cost, delivery and responsiveness performance, equipment maintenance, manufacturing engineering, product introductions and continuous improvement performance of the facility/s that they manage. He/she will be responsible for the development of the facility leadership team. In addition, they will work in close partnership with the site HR, Quality & Finance Director / Manager to ensure a high engagement and performance culture, ensuring the required management tools are in place to support same.
- Create a long term vision and goals for the site and strive to achieve these in the medium to longer term.
- Responsible for the overall Profit and Loss of the Galway site and accountable for achieving growth targets and maximum return on invested capital by continuously improving year on year Financial performance metrics. This will be done in coordination with the Finance function.
- Lead and coordinate Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities, EH&S Continuous Improvement, HR, Planning and to continuously improve year on year Quality performance metrics. This will be done in coordination with the Quality function by having dotted line responsibility for the Quality personnel in Galway.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement culture and training for the location including methods & tools, behaviours and problem solving consistent with the LEAN principles established by the company.
- Create and lead a culture of continuous improvement, installing and successfully executing advanced visual, flow manufacturing systems, structured problem solving, world class maintenance systems, standard work, roll out of behavioural standards, etc. This includes actively seeking best practice across all of the company’s sites and from the wider CI practicing community and pull these practices into and embed them into the Galway site.
- Create strategies for all operational functions including supply chain, production, manufacturing engineering, NPI, CI, and HR to deliver world class products and services now and into a growingly competitive future to ensure continuous performance of the site.
- Support and jointly lead the Product Introduction function for the site including business, technical, and business process oversight. This critical role requires coordination of business risk, technical uncertainty and customer communication in partnership with the sales team in a way that minimizes time to profit and minimizes disruption to the existing business.
- Develop annual financial plans with the Financial Planning and Analysis function to support continuous growth and cost improvements.
- Provide Monthly Operational performance summaries inclusive of a 12 month rolling financial forecast to achieve EBITDA performance to changing revenues and product mix. This includes developing justifications and plans for investments in training, staffing, and capital equipment.
- Participate in Sales Development by working directly with CAD’s and the VP, Sales to develop customer relationships and close sales.
- Support Customer Operations activities within the facility including quoting and customer service.
- Recommends and executes personnel actions including hiring, promotions, performance reviews and any disciplinary measures.
- He/she is responsible for the engagement scores of the Galway site and ensuring continuous improvement in this area.
- Complies with all work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, environmental compliance quality, and the Quality Management System.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- BS Engineering, MBA and appropriate continuing education.
- Minimum 10 years’ leadership experience in a world class manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated P&L management experience in a technically driven environment.
- Knowledge of complex manufacturing to include machining, metals processing, fabrication and product assembly.
- Must have demonstrated success in leading new process development and new product launch systems.
- Working knowledge of capacity planning and logistics management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex manufacturing technologies and developing financial plans to make technology investments return positive financial returns.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee engagement and team building skills across multiple sites
- Ability to interface with customers, problem solve and drive solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Knowledge of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485-2003, 510k and medical regulatory issues.
- Lean Manufacturing and continuous process improvement experience.
- Strong communicator: written and verbal (one-on-one and group).
- Strategic thinker: responsible for developing the plan; ability to conceptualize coherent view of facility in the future (6 months, one year, two years, five years).
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Ability to analyse, understand and effectively communicate deep technical material
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.