Director of OPerations
Job ID: JOB-13098
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for the leadership of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and New Product Introduction (Derivative Parts) . This role has full responsibility for all aspects of Operations performance including achieving all Annual Operations Plan targets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to meet or exceed all operations KPI’s, including KPI’s related to productivity, quality, cost, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that an effective operations management system is implemented and maintained, in line with lean manufacturing and Growtth® principles.
- Develop and achieve annual operating plans for the operations function, such plans being aligned with the business AOP.
- Manage resources and foster cross-functional teamwork to allow for Operational Excellence targets and Policy Deployment goals to be achieved.
- Plan and achieve continuous improvement targets by utilizing Lean Systems and Six Sigma (GROWTTH) for all operating activities.
- Support the Talent Management process to continuously improve performance and develop personnel skills and behaviors.
- Ensure that the Operations team has the required capabilities and competencies.
- Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere. Ensure that people management issues are effectively resolved in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership to ensure compliance with the requirements of all applicable safety and environmental agencies, including company’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Management System (HS&E) requirements.
- Provide leadership to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Quality System.
- Develop and execute plans for capital expenditures in support of current and future production requirements.
- Provide leadership to ensure the flawless launch of new derivative products and processes into production.
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc.).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.
- Be flexible and take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related field.
- Masters degree desirable.
- Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies is desirable
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience with medical device and/or healthcare products manufacturing in an engineering and production environment, with seven or more successful years in a leadership position.
- Experience with Annual Operating Plans including budgeting and capital planning and execution.
- Successful experience leading and developing cross-functional teams and organizational talent.
- Experience using SAP ERP software.
- Experience in a metric driven culture.
- Experience with good housekeeping practices and ISO standards including ISO 13485:20
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrated oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate throughout the organization.
- Trustworthy, discrete and a high degree of personal integrity to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Technical ability and acumen.
- Initiative and leadership skills.
- Accurate and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and lead a cross functional team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel as required (20%).
For further information on this Operations Director role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-8395531
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…