Telephone: 086 1070950
.NET Developer - 6 Month Contract
Our client, a leading company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a .NET Developer for their site.
Key Result Area (KRA’S)
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Payment solutions & projects. Prioritise and delivery of all tasks assigned. Taking ownership of all work items and issues- end to end and proactive follow up.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and Delivery Management on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks. Proactively working with the Lead Developer and Delivery Manager to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high qualilty with adequate error checking and testing. Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes- providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required. Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
- Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues. Communicate at all times with all parties involved with regard to status of issues etc. If issue can’t be resolved and to escalate to the next escalation contact.
- Follow of best practices and adhere to coding standards at all times.
- Work closely with Business and IT teams to understand requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies or development tools.
- Train new and junior team members in product development and methodology.
- Participate fully in the Company’s Performance Management Process
Education & Experience Essential
- Must have 5+ year experience working in an IT development environment
- Must have experience designing and implementing complex high-availability systems
- Must have hands on experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (eg. MVC, MVVM)
- Must have experience developing unit tests
- Must have proven experience creating solid designs using OO techniques and documenting the same
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required.
Preferred Skills/Experience, But Not Essential
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services a big advantage
- Angular JS experience
- WCF experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Profiling
- SOAP UI, Load UI
- Agile development
- Automated Build/Deployment experience
- Moq or similar mocking framework
- Unity or similar Dependency Injection framework
For further information on this .NET Developer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.