Telephone: 086 0449371
EH&S Specialist- Cork
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a EH&S Specialist for their site.
What will I be doing
- Contributes to developing EHS programmes to make EHS an integral part of site operations.
- Maintains the site compliance matrix up to date and ensures the monthly self-assessments are completed effectively
- Participates in and prepares for EHS inspections by external agencies, and all system audits.
- Maintains the site risk assessment process and ensures assessments are completed as scheduled
- Participates in Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis and ensures assessments are properly managed, recorded and communicated
- Ensures the site Safety Culture Programme (ROB) is fully implemented and ensures weekly reviews are carried out as required.
- Maintains the site EH&S Corrective action and EH&S Improvement systems up to date and ensures all required actions are closed on time and effectively.
- Investigates, prepares, communicates and manages reports on injuries, ll-health, and corrective actions as required.
- Contributes to the development the site's Safety Statement and hazard control programmes and participates in their implementation.
- Works with Supervisors, Trainers and Technicians to identify and control significant environmental, health and safety impacts of operations.
- Maintains the site EH&S Metrics and reports them daily, weekly and monthly as required
- Takes a central role in working with internal EH&S teams and training efforts.
- Ensures that all required records are accuratly prepared and maintained.
- Supports and contributes to the site's life safety programmes to include emergency response.
- Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
What do I need
- 2+ years EH&S experience ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Level 8 in Environmental Science / Safety and / or a Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Excellent knowledge of EHS legislative requirements, EHS Management Systems and Risk Assessment Techniques.
- A knowledge of Ergonomics/Occupational Hygiene would be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
For further information on this EH&S Specialist role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval