Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway are looking for an EHS Administrator to join their team.
Reporting to the Safety Specialist and SEO, you will have responsibility for the day to day operation of the EHS system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong administrative and report writing skills to support the EHS Management Systems.
- Developing and maintaining EHS policies and procedures.
- Conduct EHS audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and maintained.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Ensure any high-risk activities are controlled by a suitable safe system of work.
- Completion and review of risk assessments, ensuring all necessary controls are in place.
- Promote and support a “positive” site safety culture
- Ensure that Emergency Response and PPE equipment is available when and where required.
- Co-ordinate and document all EHS related training, including induction and refresher training.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are documented appropriately and investigated to timely closure.
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications.
- Review sub-contractor’s safety statements and ensure all EHS documentation is up to date and in compliance with all the relevant requirements.
- Ensure all permits to work are completed and compliant with the relevant procedures.
- Update and maintain the EHS visual management board.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of hazardous substances stored on site and conduct chemical risk assessments.
- Conduct monitoring for noise, air and the thermal environment.
- Ensure proper containment, labelling and PPE for hazardous operations and materials on-site.
- Conduct Emergency Response drills and maintain records.
- Reviewing equipment and equipment modifications for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Support facilities with any issues in relation to EHS.
- Conduct and manage all environmental water sampling activities on site.
- Monitor energy consumption and waste management activities and compile relevant metrics.
- Support management in maintaining ISO 14001 and achieving 45001.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in Regulation and Legislation in Environmental Health & Safety.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
- Certificate or Diploma qualification in Health & Safety.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and 45001.
- Knowledge of REACH and RoHs an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing-based environment.
- Any courses like train the trainer, manual handling and first aid are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Can work independently, as well as with a team and the ability to learn and adapt to situations.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and positively influence others. Self-driven and highly motivated.
For further information on this role please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
.NET Developer – Remote Our client, a technology company based in the North West of Ireland are currently looking to…
Supply Chain & Inventory Analyst My client has a new position for a Supply Chain & Inventory Analyst to join…
Title: Quality Engineer – Process Validation II Duration: 12 months FTC Location: Parkmore / WFH Start Date: ASAP Summary: Our…