Telephone: 086 0449371
EHS and Facilities Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an EHS and Facilities Engineer for their site.
Environmental, Health and Safety
- Oversee Environmental, Health, Safety, Facilities and Sustainability in multiple sites.
- Development of Policies and Procedures and monitoring compliance to meet current regulatory requirements.
- Develop and drive KPI targets with key focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide EHS guidance to multiple departments across the business.
- Conduct incident investigation, provide root cause analysis and determine improvement review.
- Actively arrange and complete the necessary risk assessments associated with change management
- Leading and supporting on-site audits and maintenance of all documentation.
- Ensure audit reports and client questionnaires are formally and consistently reviewed, recorded and filed.
- Keeping abreast with evolving EHS & associated Compliance legislation such as Conflict Minerals, Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition® (EICC®) Code of Conduct, WEEE to list only a few and identifying pertinent elements that the company needs to be compliant with.
- Subject matter experts (SME) for electrical and energy management systems.
- Manage all Facilities Contracts and contractors and maintain review process for contracts such as (Site security, waste management, janitorial cleaning, sprinkler systems, Plant alarm systems, CCTV, PATS testing, Vibration analysis, Environmental, WWTP, pest control, re-qualifications and DOP testing, HVAC, Electricity, and Gas).
- Develop and deliver Service Level Agreements for each project and sub-contractor contract under their control.
- Maintain and review Preventive maintenance Plans and Procedures for Buildings and Utilities.
- Manage Facilities budget, and ensure compliance with financial forecasting process.
- Preparation of facilities capital expenditure request and cost estimates, and monitoring of project spend
- Provide detailed project specifications, drawings, procedures, tender documents etc.
- Supervision of contractors associated with project work.
- Support renovations, and upgrades of existing facilities.
- Drive Cost reduction initiatives and projects within facilities.
- Responsible for energy management on site, and the identification and implementation of energy reduction and awareness programs.
- Performing other tasks as required by Head of Function.
- Good knowledge of EHS management systems and a strong technical writing ability.
- Detail orientated and target driven.
- Positive energy and quick problem solver.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent concise communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in M/S office key packages.
- Education / Experience
- Degree in Health and Safety or a related complementary discipline
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience.
For further information on this EHS and Facilities Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.