Our client, a Medical Device company in Cork are looking to recruit anEnvironmental, Health and Safety Specialist for their site in Cork.
- Train and/or coordinate training for all plant personnel on environmental, hygiene and safety matters, such as manual handling, VDU assessments, hazardous material, communication program, emergency plant evacuation, audits, emergency response, etc
- Investigate accidents related to personal injury, fire chemical release, illness, and toxic exposure due to industrial activity in the facility in order to detect and enforce recommendation to avoid occurrences.
- Prepare all environmental reports to the appropriate government agencies in accordance with the laws and regulations.
- Perform investigations and studies in order to improve the effectiveness and reduce the use of chemicals in the facility and the generation of wastes.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and/or purchase equipment in order to comply with environmental, hygiene, and safety laws.
- Perform hygiene studies, such as noise survey, heat stress, air monitoring, waste sampling, etc. In order to provide employees a safe working environment.
- Perform environmental and safety audits in order to assess compliance to environmental and safety laws and regulations.
- Obtain appropriate disposal permits for the hazardous, solid and special waste streams.
- Maintain and file environmental, hygiene, and safety documents as per internal policies and procedures and environmental and safety laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement plans to extend ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification
- Conduct risk assessments and assist with EHS section of new/transferred equipment validations
- Provide Support and guidance where required to EHS steering team and core sub teams.
Education and Experience:
For further information on this EHS Specialist role in Cork please contact Jenny on 021 2066287 / 086044937