Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an EHS Engineer for their site.
- Planning and implementation of EHS systems.
- Preparation of EH & S reports as required particularly for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Develop, maintain and review Health and Safety programmes to ensure it meets and exceeds legislative and industry requirements.
- Perform environmental and health and safety audits.
- Conduct risk assessments and equipment validations
- Develop and implement plans to obtain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Key member of the safety team.
- Control and logging of all hazardous waste shipments.
- Establish priorities for development of hazard control programme and participate in their implementation.
- Regular strategic review of EH & S programme in line with the concept of continuous improvements and provide suitable measurements for EHS programmes at plant level.
- Establish metrics for assessing E H & S effectiveness.
- Ensure adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Drive activities around waste stream management.
- Liaise with Facilities and Manufacturing teams to ensure changes to manufacturing process meet requirements of site Waste Water Licence.
- Lead and participate in cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
- The EHS Engineer will from time to time be required to support specific EHS driven projects in our facilities based in Cork and/or Limerick as required.
- All other duties as assigned
- Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent is required with a Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety.
- 2-3 years? experience in a regulatory environment.
- A proven track record of success as an EHS Engineer in a large Medical Device (or related industry) manufacturing facility is desirable.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills.
- High level of PC skills required. The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
For further information on this EHS Engineer role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval