Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client a medical device company in Cork are recruiting for an EHS Engineer for their site.
This role is an ideal opportunity whereby the ideal candidate will receive ongoing training and development in their new role.
The Snr. EHS Engineer will ensure the organisation meets all regulatory and corporate requirements from an EHS & Risk Management perspective, coordinating and implementing all assigned OH&S tasks related to EHS objectives and activities on site.
What will I be doing
- Ensure robust systems are in place for Risk Management, EHS Compliance Auditing, Safety Culture, EHS training, Accident Investigation, EHS communications and EHS promotional activities etc. on site.
- Chemical safety program, PSSR and new product introductions are compliant with regulations and industry best practice.
- Machine Safety and Ergonomics
- EHS action tracking system (Enviromanager) and CAPA Management system (Corrective and Preventive Actions) and similar software tools oversight building cross functional ownership.
- Engage with other departments within the organisation to ensure corrective actions are understood and implemented.
- Report out weekly to management and teams on KPIs in line with EHS objectives/targets (planned vs. actual performance).
- Auditing of EHS systems
- Ensure the site complies with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and J&J WW EHS Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will a self-starter who can drive and manage day to day tasks and projects while collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met to defined schedules.
What do I need
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project Management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Team player
- Third level qualification or Diploma in Health and Safety and 3 - 5 years EHS Experience working in a Manufacturing facility
- Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for EHS hazards and risks identified
- Working knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools. MS Project or similar tool is an advantage.
For further information on this EHS Engineer in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.