Our client, a leading medical device company in Cork are seeking an experienced EHS Engineer to join their existing team in Cork.
Why This Job
- Leading medical device company in Cork
- Competitive salary with, pension, 10% bonus and healthcare
- Gym, canteen, work life balance
- Fast career development opportunities
- Fun team events
What Will I Be Doing
- Planning and implementation of EHS systems.
- Preparation of EH & S reports as required particularly for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Develop, maintain and review Health and Safety programmes to ensure it meets and exceeds legislative and industry requirements.
- Perform environmental and health and safety audits.
- Conduct risk assessments and equipment validations.
- Develop and implement plans to obtain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Key member of the safety team.
- Control and logging of all hazardous waste shipments.
- Establish priorities for development of hazard control programme and participate in their implementation.
- Regular strategic review of EH & S programme in line with the concept of continuous improvements and provide suitable measurements for EHS programmes at plant level.
- Establish metrics for assessing E H & S effectiveness.
- Ensure adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Drive activities around waste stream management.
- Liaise with Facilities and Manufacturing teams to ensure changes to manufacturing process meet requirements of site Waste Water Licence.
- Lead and participate in cross functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
- The EHS Engineer will from time to time be required to support specific EHS driven projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
What Do I Need
- Degree in H&S essential (or equivalent), along with a technical qualification
- 3 years' experience in process safety essential
- Pharmaceutical or medical devices industry background required
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point skills
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website -www.herorecruitment.ie
For further information on this EHS Engineer role please contact Jenny Dore 086 0449371
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval