Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an EHS Engineer for their site.
What will I be doing
- The successful candidate will provide EH&S services to support world class manufacturing standards. Key tasks would include responsibility for keeping people free from danger, risk, or injury in the workplace.
- Manage and maintain the site's Industrial Emissions Directive License (IED), work requirements and provide operational and engineering support for the onsite waste water treatment plant facility.
- Manage Environmental, Health and Safety programs to minimize losses due to injuries, property damage and reduce the sites carbon footprint (energy, waste, water and refrigerant loss reduction).
- They must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive EHS risk assessments and data analysis.
- The candidate will have demonstrated a proven track record in EH&S management and execution, a strong focus on achieving results and ability to lead and deliver key projects.
- A significant level of competency in Engineering and EH&S is essential.
- Good experience of managing EHS management systems (ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001 & Energy 50001 and liaising with EPA and HSA.
- Reduce First aids and dangerous occurrences on site, achieve a 0.00 in TRIR and 0.00 LTIR
- Provide EH&S support for the manufacture of current and new Truck & Trailer products to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and environmentally efficient manner.
- Reduce the sites carbon footprint (energy, waste, water and refrigerant loss reduction)
- Provide the EHS engineering support to lean manufacturing programmes, i.e. through process improvements, automation, product re-engineering and cost improvement initiatives.
Identify, develop and implement new EHS initiatives across the site
Ensure the company is compliant with all IR Standard work requirements, ISO, OHSAS, EPA, Energy and Irish legislative requirements.
What do I need
- At a minimum an honours degree in engineering is required.
- 2-5 years' experience working in a world class-manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Good, all round knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety in the workplace
- Communication - builds cross functional awareness; clearly communicates project team expectations; good influencing / negotiation / conflict resolution skills.
- Accomplished programme manager
- Advanced skills in business, finance, cross-functional awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
For further information on this EHS Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval