Telephone: 087 4108620
Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath is currently looking to recruit an EHS Engineer for their site on a contract basis
- Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Providing oversight to facility EHS programs and ensuring that facility activities are consistent with regulatory requirements and corporate requirements
- Ensuring robust systems are in place for various aspects of the safety management system including risk assessment, safety training, accident/incident investigations, auditing, etc.
- Implementing programmes & initiatives that will encourage and sustain employee involvement at all levels in the organisation, across all aspects of EHS on the site
- Manage, implement and promote Environmental, Health & Safety policies and standards to comply with corporate and regulatory bodies. Respond to regulatory changes by implementing changes for compliance.
- Report and disclose information to regulatory bodies relating to particular EHS aspects of site activities e.g. air emissions and wastewater discharges.
- Provide advice and service to all levels of the organisation on safety and health matters.
- Monitor safety programmes for effectiveness.
- Recommend and design new safety guidelines.
- Assist in accident investigations to help Team Leaders/Supervisors identify underlining causes and appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct with Supervisors/Managers of departments, regular inspections of work conditions and practices.
- As requested, review the Environment, safety and health aspects of new substances equipment, plant modifications and layout.
- Where health hazards or potential health hazards exist, co-ordinate occupational hygiene monitoring to evaluate employee exposure.
- Co-ordinate the provision of first aid supplies and training the provision of occupational health supervision and monitoring where appropriate.
- Recommend and co-ordinate safety training programmes.
- Conduct Supervisory/Team leader safety training.
- Evaluate safety equipment, including personal protective equipment, and set standards for selection and use.
- Submit the required reports to the Health & Safety Authority, and Corporate EHS.
- To compile accident data and liaise with Insurance Company and Brokers in relation to the Company's Employer Liability Programme.
- Revise the Safety Statement as required and ensure all employees are familiar with its contents.
- Maintain liaison with Corporate EHS and Health Personnel and relevant safety authorities and institutions.
- Develop programmes and policies to ensure effective management and control of water, wastewater, air emissions and solid waste on site.
- Advise in relation to equipment needed to implement and maintain an effective EHS programme.
- Set goals and objectives for EHS within the facility in order to drive and monitor a culture of continuous improvement in EHS.
- Ensure Compliance with relevant Company and Corporate requirements and legislation governing health and safety as principally contained in the ‘Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007
- Implement Environmental programmes and procedures and obtain and abide by any environmental legal permits and licences necessary for the business activity.
- Implement Programmes to strive to minimise the use of materials and chemicals, and waste generated from our activities in order to minimize environmental impact.
- Degree or higher to include a qualification in Occupational Health. Two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to work as part of a team.
For further information on this role in EHS Engineer in Westmeath please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.