Job ID: JOB-11671
EHS Engineer – 12 month Contract Role Our client a leading pharmaceutical company is recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Engineer. As an EHS Engineer, you will be part of a diverse EHS team in Westport Mayo. As our EHS Engineer you will be responsible for creating a culture of strong safety engagement amongst employees and utilising the Operational Excellence framework to drive EHS improvements, compliance with EHS requirements, and the achievement of EHS KPIs. Key Responsibilities
- Actively engage with employees within the Business Unit (BU) to create an inclusive / ownership culture for Safety.
- Motivate, energise and influence the BU management team to ensure fresh and leading edge EHS programs, initiatives and activities are effectively implemented.
- Maintain EHS KPIs ensuring they are continuously up to date. Attend and chair safety meetings with key stakeholders to drive positive action and performance, ensuring appropriate timely action on KPIs showing a declining trend.
- Attend and support safety forums, provide direction for forums to ensure focus on key safety topics, provide safety information as relevant, and influence management and employees to ensure active engagement.
- Develop and deliver EHS Training modules in accordance with EHS Training Plan and risk assessment.
- Lead EHS Risk Assessment program in BU and ensure all elements of facility, equipment, tasks, ergonomics and chemicals are appropriately risk assessed.
- Support the Supervisors/Managers where breaches of EHS policy is encountered.
- Support accident/incident investigation to ensure appropriate root cause analysis completed and CAPAs implemented.
- Develop and support a system whereby Safety interventions/Good Observations are effectively recorded and managed.
- Actively promote and develop the Behavioural Safety Program, by active engagement and support with management and core teams.
- Coordinate EHS promotional activities to create a culture of engagement.
- Complete regular audits to ensure the business meets all EHS Regulatory and Corporate requirements and engage relevant team members on the GEMBA. Requirements
- Degree qualification in health & safety or degree in science / engineering with minimum diploma qualification in health & safety
- Minimum 5 years EHS experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device environment.
- Experience in influencing others, including influencing upwards, to drive safety improvements.
- Experience in engaging employees to continuously improve safety culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Irish health and safety regulations and industry best practices.
- Excellent team-work, interpersonal, communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
- Good time management. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining close attention to detail. Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Results-focused and committed. Demonstrated commitment to achieving high results in a demanding work environment
For further information on this EHS Engineer role in Mayo please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…