EHS & Facilities Manager
Job ID: JOB-11521
EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) & Facilities Manager A leading medical device company is recruiting for a Environmental Health, Safety & Facilities Manager for their site in Galway. The role is responsible for developing and implementing a variety of programs which include Environmental Health & Safety and Occupational Health. These programs are developed to ensure that there is effective compliance to applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures and external regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional EHS and OH procedure and programs.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional security and facilities procedures.
- To train and develop all employees on EHS ,Oh, Security and facilities procedures. Responsible for the induction and training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered and measured.
- Writes procedures and other documentation needed to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and the Quality Management System ISO13485.
- Ownership of internal and external audit actions to ensure the effective closure of corrective actions.
- Collates EHS data and upload into corporate systems in a timely way, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Understands and analyses the clients Corporate EHS Strategy and translates that into meaningful strategies and goals them.
- Primary interface for the Management teams on all matters pertaining to EHS and Facilities including but not limited to, strategic plans, management responsibility, notification and responses to their Serious Event, KPI Performance.
- Primary contact for internal and external EHS and Facilities Audits including response to audit requests, audit logistics and overseeing responses to any observations as a result of an audit. Identifies internal audit activities to ensure that all sites remain audit-ready at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System at the site(s) in accordance with divisional and corporate requirements and all applicable regulations.
- Manage Facilities and Supplies on the Site.
- Corporate Social Responsibility integration and alignment with the their 2030 sustainability plan.
- Manage two direct reports.
- Operational Excellence – streamline EHS, Facilities and Reception processes.
- Stock & stationery management on the site.
- Security Integration and alignment.
- Support their Facilities in any potential buildings leased.
- Participate and present at management and all employee meetings
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Environmental Science/Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of Excel, Word and PowerPoint systems in order to manage a variety of data sources and then present those at all levels within the organisation.
- 7+ years EHS Experience within medical device industry or similar industry experience.
- Working with cross functional teams including some senior leader interactions.
- Compliance to Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO9001/ ISO13485/ ISO14971/ GMP).
- Strong record of developing and implementing procedures. Competency in conducting technical review of all documentation/ communications.
- Supervisory/team lead experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other functions.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with shifting priorities.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Lean management experience an advantage.
For further information on this Environmental Health, Safety & Facilities Manager, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…