Job ID: JOB-13267
The Role Provides leadership and advice to the Company, Management & Associates, on matters relating to occupational health and safety (OSH) to ensure the organisation complies with its legal requirements and implements safe and healthy working practices. In addition, the EHS Lead will provide leadership to ensure site compliance with all relevant regulatory standards.
My client is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The site in Drogheda is commencing a major upgrade and refurbishment of all facilities. In addition to this investment there are a number of new lines being brought into production.
Health & Safety:
- Monitors Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and developments in order to keep the organisation up to date. Liaise with Corporate OSH, the Health and Safety Authority Officers and others as required
- As per the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 to comply with the requirements of ‘competent person’ i.e. to have sufficient training, experience and knowledge appropriate to the work requirements
- Schedules and leads site EHS meetings and follows through on assigned actions through to completion
- Maintains appropriate records and analysis data on accidents, reports etc. to ensure that accurate information is available to Management and outside agencies
- Provide leadership and guidance to relevant management and employees with investigating near misses, incidents and accidents to discover the root causes so that appropriate actions may be taken to prevent re-occurrence
- Drives the organisation’s OSH program in conjunction with other Management and Associates
- Co-ordinates the preparation, compilation and review of the Safety Statement
- Ensure risk assessments are reviewed and updated as required for all areas across the site
- Co-ordinates the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards
- Conducts regular announced and unannounced Safety Inspections to ensure that all departments are complying with the terms of the Safety Statement. Maintain records and assists the appropriate manager in planning corrective action
- Liaises with other departments (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering etc.) on purchases of equipment, articles and substances and with others as needed to ensure appropriate OSH standards are maintained
- Actively participates in Project Teams/Groups established to introduce new technologies and programs to ensure that OSH is considered in the Project Planning process
- Actively participates in designing and delivering the Company OSH training program in conjunction with the HR and training advisors
- Liaises closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures within the organisation to ensure, so far as possible, the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations
- Liaise with fire consultants and training service providers where appropriate.
- Organises general fire safety training and co-ordinates ERT training
- Liaise with plant Safety Representatives on a regular basis to consider OSH issues and communicate openly on existing or forthcoming OSH issues
- Co-ordinate activities of first aiders and organise first aid training on a periodic basis
- Carry’s out training of associates on such topics as chemical handling, manual handling, and ergonomic aspects in relation to V.D.U. operation
- Communicate with the site Leadership Team either directly or through regular EHS meetings on any safety concerns or issues
- Prepare the site for Corporate PVP assessment process.
- Align the site safety management system with the ISO 18001 structure.
- Assist the Facilities Engineer with the maintenance of ISO14001:2004 in Drogheda
- Manage the site’s environmental legal register and identify any areas of non-conformity with current or pending legislation
- Prepare and implement measurable environmental programmes for energy, water, materials, air, noise and waste. Align programmes with Corporate expectations and metrics.
- Prepare site for PVP assessment.
- Maintain ISO14000 system using the current Corporate management database, prepare transition to new Corporate database system. Update and maintain the site’s policy, aspects and impacts register
- Maintain and establish metrics to track environmental performance and use this information to guide the development of future projects for continuous improvement.
- Champion environmental management team in Drogheda and focus the teams efforts on tangible environmental improvements
- Engage all associates in environmental compliance and improvement through ongoing communication of goals.
- Assist in the development, implementation and on-going up-keep of emergency response plans (pandemic, injury, fire, security, chemical, business continuity)
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & Education.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role/environment
- A suitable 3rd level qualification in Environmental, Safety, Health and Welfare and/or suitable work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational ability
- Track record in Project Management
- Proactive approach
- Commitment to learning
For further information on this EHS Leader role in Drogheda please contact Caroline Kingston on +353 868395531 or email email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…