Telephone: 021-2066287 / 0860449371
Title: EHS Manager
Who are the client?
Our client, a progressive environmental company in the Galway region is seeking an EHS Manager.
What will I be doing as the EHS Manager?
- Managing health and safety across all company sites
- Preparing health and safety strategies, developing internal policies in line with organisational health and safety objectives and managing safety audits
- Conducting accident investigations including drawing up reports/risk assessments for management recommending corrective actions over 3 days report to the Health and safety Authority
- Developing and implementing effective programs to ensure a 'zero incident' safety culture in the organisation
- Keeping up to date on all EHS legislation, providing guidance and relaying any changes to management and employees
- Ensuring a high standard and approach to health and safety compliance across all sites
- Ensuring the company vaccination programme is to up to date across all sites
- Responsible for reporting to and dealing with Health and Safety Authority as required
- Ensuring employee welfare is at a high level
- Organising, documenting and following-up on medical treatment required for occupational injuries and illness
- Organising and/or facilitating all ongoing in - house training including manual handling, first aid etc.
- Conducting Health and Safety Induction for all new hires across all sites.
- Overseeing all hazardous and non-hazardous waste procedures
What do I need?
- Third level degree in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role preferably in the Waste Management/Logistics/ Medical Device or Recycling sector
- Chartered member of IOSH is preferable
- IPPC licence experienced
- Qualified manual handling instructor
- Experience with noise measurement and assessment
- Experience with implementation and management of Emergency Response Systems
- First Aid Qualification
- Approachable with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both autonomously or as part of a team.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / 0860462367 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our website - www.hero.ie