Job ID: JOB-12064
EHS Manager Our Client, a leading manufacturer with locations in Mayo, Roscommon and Drogheda and are looking to attract an EHS Manager for their business. You will be responsible for effectively leading the EHS function for all sites. You will report on site metrics on EH&S to the site General Managers and Executive Teams. The ESH Leader will drive a culture of safety at the Drogheda, Castlebar and Roscommon sites utilising a collaborative approach and will ensure that all incidents are rigorously investigated to root cause implementation of countermeasures. The role can be based in Castlebar, Roscommon or Drogheda Key Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for sites ESH and represent management in all matters relating to ES&H.
- Grows a culture of behaviour-based safety.
- Take a lead role in working with internal safety committee and training efforts.
- Instil a sense of self-responsibility for safety among Colleagues. Ensure the safety of the Colleagues and safe use of the equipment. Support the safety processes and programs of the Plant.
- Liaise and represent company management in communications with external bodies such as the HSA (e.g., reporting lost time accidents).
- Establish priorities for development of hazard control programs and participates in their implementation.
- Direct large scale EH&S related emergency situations.
- Set the direction for the site ERT.
- Manage and ensure that the environmental system requirements are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 14001 Standard.
- Reports on the performance of the environmental management system to top management for review and as a basis for improvement of the environmental system.
- Create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, focused and data based.
- Build a high performing, skilled ESH team to instil ownership of Plant ESH objectives through communication and training and development of Colleagues.
- Model the Corporate Values and Principles, including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture, providing high expectations and high support.
- The Management of all Environmental, Health and Safety (ESH) activities within the company, including installation projects and activities at Ireland locations. Drive projects to actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Management, development and co-ordination of the EHS team.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems and ensure the company complies with all applicable regulations.
- Drive continual improvement of EHS performance and internal EHS processes.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plan for EHS, and implement in conjunction with departmental management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure continuous improvement of the system.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to enforcement.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies and consultants regarding ESH matters.
- Work with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce to manage EHS.
- Chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of EHS documentation and ensuring the Integrated Management System is updated with the most recent documents. Manage and co-ordinate the development, review, update and issuing of EHS documentation as necessary.
- Be the EHS champion for project work and ensure all new equipment, contractors and visitors to site comply with legislation and audits are conducted to check compliance.
- Liaise with Insurance providers regarding all visits and manage any actions generated, be the link between site and insurance providers.
- Deliver training and coaching on key ESH topics as necessary.
- Manage all complaints regarding ESH issues.
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders and continually strive to improve overall ESH performance.
- Developing specific site Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site Induction and Safe of Systems of Work for eland Ireland locations and remote working where applicable.
- Manage the hazardous waste materials and ensure compliance to LCC IPPC license requirements.
- Ensure waste is managed and disposed in a proper manner and all documentation and records are maintained, kept up to date and filed away as appropriate.
- Carry out occupational monitoring e.g. noise monitoring .
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Level 8 degree in Health and Safety or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar position within manufacturing industry
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation.
For further information on this EHS Manager role, contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…