Job ID: JOB-12240
EHS Officer – Galway
Reporting to the Senior HSE Specialist and SEO, you will have responsibility for the day to day operation of the EHS system.
- Strong administrative and report writing skills to support the EHS Management Systems.
- Developing and maintaining EHS policies and procedures.
- Conduct EHS audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and maintained.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Ensure any high-risk activities are controlled by a suitable safe system of work.
- Completion and review of risk assessments, ensuring all necessary controls are in place.
- Promote and support a “positive” site safety culture
- Ensure that Emergency Response and PPE equipment is available when and where required.
- Co-ordinate and document all EHS related training, including induction and refresher training.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are documented appropriately and investigated to timely closure.
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications.
- Review sub-contractor’s safety statements and ensure all EHS documentation is up to date and in compliance with all the relevant requirements.
- Ensure all permits to work are completed and compliant with the relevant procedures.
- Update and maintain the EHS visual management board.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of hazardous substances stored on site and conduct chemical risk assessments.
- Conduct monitoring for noise, air and the thermal environment.
- Ensure proper containment, labelling and PPE for hazardous operations and materials on-site.
- Conduct Emergency Response drills and maintain records.
- Reviewing equipment and equipment modifications for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Support facilities with any issues in relation to EHS.
- Conduct and manage all environmental water sampling activities on site.
- Monitor energy consumption and waste management activities and compile relevant metrics.
- Support management in maintaining ISO 14001 and achieving 45001.
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in Regulation and Legislation in Environmental Health & Safety.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
- Certificate or Diploma qualification in Health & Safety.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and 45001.
- Knowledge of REACH and RoHs an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing-based environment.
- Any courses like train the trainer, manual handling and first aid are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Can work independently, as well as with a team and the ability to learn and adapt to situations.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and positively influence others. Self-driven and highly motivated.
For further information on this EHS Officer role in Galway please contact Brian Walsh on +353 86 0449371 or email: email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…