Telephone: 0212066287 / 0860449371
Title: EHS Specialist
Our client, a Medical Device company in Clare are looking to recruit an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist for their site in Galway. This EHS Specialist role is primarily based in Galway but will from time to time be required to support specific EHS driven projects in the company?s other facility based in Shannon as required.
- Train and/or coordinate training for all plant personnel on environmental, hygiene and safety matters, such as manual handling, VDU assessments, hazardous material, communication program, emergency plant evacuation, audits, emergency response, etc.
- Investigate accidents related to personal injury, fire chemical release, illness, and toxic exposure due to industrial activity in the facility in order to detect and enforce recommendation to avoid occurrences.
- Prepare all environmental reports to the appropriate government agencies in accordance with the laws and regulations.
- Perform investigations and studies in order to improve the effectiveness and reduce the use of chemicals in the facility and the generation of wastes.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and/or purchase equipment in order to comply with environmental, hygiene, and safety laws.
- Perform hygiene studies, such as noise survey, heat stress, air monitoring, waste sampling, etc. In order to provide employees a safe working environment.
- Perform environmental and safety audits in order to assess compliance to environmental and safety laws and regulations.
- Obtain appropriate disposal permits for the hazardous, solid and special waste streams.
- Maintain and file environmental, hygiene, and safety documents as per internal policies and procedures and environmental and safety laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement plans to extend ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification
- Conduct risk assessments and assist with EHS section of new/transferred equipment validations
- Provide Support and guidance where required to EHS steering team and core sub teams.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years? experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing environment, preferably medical device
- Minimum Degree level in Environmental, Health and Safety or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with and/or implementing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Good interpersonal skills, team work and customer focus oriented.
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative, meeting commitments and assisting in the creation of new tools or solutions to achieve business results.
- Certified Manual Handling Training Instructor (Desired)
- Ability to train and coach others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs ? Certified VDU assessor (Desired)
- Previous experience of managing a budget including forecasting and reporting of expenditure (Desired)
For further information on this EHS Specialist role in Galway please contact Jenny on 021 2066287 / 0860449371 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our website ? www.hero.ie