Senior EHS Specialist / Clinical Sales
Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking an experienced EHS Specialist to join their existing team
What Will I Be Doing?
- Implement the site EHS & Energy Management System in accordance with IPC Licence, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, IS50001, legal and corporate requirements.
- Co-ordinate and perform EHSE Audits, co-ordinating the timely completion of findings & actions
- Perform area, process and chemical risk assessments, identify opportunities for improvement and define controls in conjunction with operations, engineering and quality
- Lead EHS improvement projects from concept through to implementation to completion
- Support the implementation of Cellular Manufacturing from an EHS perspective
- Proactively develop risk mitigation strategies for site risk profile
- Support and provide EHS Guidance to site laboratories? advise on risk prevention opportunities and controls including hazardous materials exposure, solventsor other unsafe conditions
- Perform incident investigations, root cause analysis, EHS corrective and preventative actions
- Collate and report the site EHSE metrics and KPI?s
- Provide EHS guidance to key manufacturing and R&D functions with regard to design for Manufacturability and sustainable development.
- Promote a culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality EHS technical knowledge
- Review and update key EHS documents and procedures.
- Support site Ergonomic Programme and carry out ergonomic assessments.
- Support the site Industrial Hygiene Programme
- Contribute to the timely performance of the EHS departmental goals and objectives.
- Continuously reinforce safety on site
What Do I Need?
- An honours level 8 Engineering or Science degree.
- A post graduate qualification in Environmental, Health and Safety, an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years previous experience in EHS required.
- Pharmaceutical or medical devices industry background required?strong chemical background
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and ability to interpret and translate such information into site policy and procedures
- Good communication skills and computer skills essential.
- Good attention to detail with ability to problem solve
For further information on this EHS Specialist role please contact Jenny Dore 086 0449371
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval