EHS Specialist - Senior
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an EHS Specialist - Senior for their site on a contract basis.
Why this role
The position will support the EHS Lead role in the deployment and implementation of the company and Regulatory EHSS requirements and standards in project design and commissioning phases. The role is primarily focused on providing daily support for attending project meetings throughout the project lifecycle.
What will I be doing
- Support the company Project EHS lead in delivery of strategic, tactical and operational plans to execute SMART EHS G&O's.
- Act as Senior site EHS representative on all EHS aspects as directed by EHS Lead.
- Fully engage with the site functions, the company Construction Safety person, interface programs and governance to ensure safe and compliant design, construction and commissioning operations
- Frontline daily reviews of EHS interface with key site contacts that can impact the site
- Regular EHS meetings, reviews, walk-downs and audits as per site/project procedures and schedules.
- Liaise with the company's Construction Safety person to align on distinct roles and responsibilities.
- Approval of the company's work permits in Janssen interface areas and where required support the company's Construction Safety person on main construction site, including associated RAMS review when required.
- Create specific JSA's as required for interface work.
- Participation in HAZID, HAZOPS, ATEX, Machine Safety/WRAPS etc. and the company's 'EHS by design' as required.
- Work with all Job Supervisors on the project to achieve a common understanding and shared commitment to the project objectives so that we are consistent and persistent in the project EHS standards and messaging
- Involved in discussions around risk assessments, method statements, SPA, JSA and other documentation, and use this as a basis for daily briefings to maintain high situational awareness.
- Ensure that there are effective communication arrangements to inform all personnel of key issues including progress, lessons to be learned from incidents, campaigns, and programmes of risk control.
- Work with and advise the normal site EHS site team and area Supervisors to ensure the site is fully aware of project safety requirements as necessary.
- Ensure Design drawings are reviewed as required to ensure compliance with EHS requirements. Review evidence of processes to identify and evaluate design options with regard to EHS risk mitigation in line with H.S.A. and the company's requirements.
- Review URS, FDS, SRS. Oversee and approve process for EHS aspects of commissioning, FAT, SAT, start-up and handover.
- Review commissioning safety plan with specific focus on schedule.
- Pay special attention to new global PTW system requirements.
- Support any investigations of EHS&S accidents/ incidents if any and ensure timely reporting
- Support the communication structures for full collaboration between all parties
- Ensure a comprehensive interface plan and communication plan is in place between Client services and operations and activities related to commissioning and validation to avoid any potential risks.
- Support EHS Lead in the execution of comprehensive
- Execution of comprehensive Commissioning and handover phase EHS verification and assessment for EHS Clearance by area/process/equipment to ensure project meets the company's and local regulatory requirements and standards
- Ensure that every system/process/area has a EHS Clearance completed and critical actions are closed prior to handover and the introduction of hazardous materials into any system
- Ensure Pre-Start up safety reviews (PSSR's) capture all the requirements from EHS by Design, URS, HAZOP, consultants report and the company's requirements etc. P&ID's walked down with redlined drawings.
- Review and agree interface risks e.g. Green Tag (Mechanical completion) and Blue Tag (Pre-Commissioning / Functional & Performance testing) before handover to Client (Engineering Turnover Packages)
- Ensure adequate local site EHS input into the new facilities SOP's, work instructions and other documents
- Facilitate the induction and EHS training of all new operators and staff at the new facility
- Ensure final project is 100% audit ready to regulatory and the company's standards
- Compilation, filing and retention (hard and soft copy) as required of EHS/project related information in an audit ready state
What do I need
- You will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio pharma industry or equivalent
- Effective communicator to all involved stakeholders and a strong collaborator with a proven track record on delivering safe projects
- You will be a strong networker that is able to leverage EHS&S expert resources on and off site.
- 5 + years in a similar environment
- Advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Broad technical expertise in the different fields of EHS&S with a focus on Construction Safety
- Experience in risk management particularly associated with HAZOP/process safety, machine safety, pressurized systems and safe isolation of hazardous energies during plant start-up
- Experience support EHS in large projects.
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
- Ability to apply previous learning and ideas to new situations, projects and teams, developing creative solutions to manage risk to a reasonably practicable level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- Excellent demonstrated project management skills are required, including the ability to lead teams, produce and maintain project schedules, create dashboards, power-point presentations and track metrics, and assemble project information into clearly written reports that document findings & recommendations and communicate progress.
For further information on this EHS Specialist -Senior role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval