Telephone: 087 4108620
EHS Specialist – 12-month contract
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit an EHS Specialist
for their site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant high-performing team in ensuring leading edge EHS standards on a dynamic site. The position is an EHS Lead position for a range of laboratory departments on site, and also includes leading the campus chemical safety and industrial hygiene programs.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining close attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of EHS regulatory requirements, chemical safety and industrial hygiene. Knowledge and experience of REACH Regulation also desirable.
- Min 5 years relevant EHS experience, preferably in pharmaceutical / medical device industry.
- Third level diploma/degree in health and safety.
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical /Medical device experience required
- Responsible for laboratories and chemical safety programme requirements.
- Working on own initiatives
- Engage, influence and support the management team and employees in campus laboratory departments to achieve safety and environmental goals & objectives in line with the overall campus goals and objectives.
- Continuously develop a culture of strong safety engagement amongst employees.
- Influence management and engage employees to drive excellence in safety performance, utilising the Operational Excellence framework to drive EHS improvements.
- Risk assessment of tasks, changes, machinery and contractor activities.
- Together with the EHS Team, develop and implement effective safety programs and initiatives to continuously improve safety performance, including Risk Assessment; Accident Investigation; Ergonomics; Behavioural Safety; Safety Promotion; EHS Training; EHS Audits; Contractor Safety Management; Safety Committees.
- Lead the chemical safety, industrial hygiene and ergonomics programs campus-wide.
For further information on this EHS Specialist role in Mayo please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.