Telephone: 087 4108620
Our client, medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit a EHS Specialist for their site.
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety programmes to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS matters.
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programme to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements and support the achievement of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Perform periodic evaluations to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance requirements.
- Co-ordinate and provide technical support for the site risk assessment programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
- Assist in coordination of the sites EHS teams and provide SME support on EHS related issues.
- Participate in the development of site Industrial Hygiene Programme, in particular ensuring that compliance is achieved with corporate guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Investigate accidents and incidents; develop corrective actions and track progress.
- Assist with the management of contractor related activities during normal operations and project/construction activities.
- Assist in the management of all environmental related matters including, Waste, IPPC Licence, GHG Permit and GMO Notification.
- Prepare EHS reports as required for both internal and external groups e.g. Corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist with the identification of EHS training needs. Develop and deliver EHS training programmes as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments and legal requirements and to advise accordingly. This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned
Key Competencies Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
- A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
- Previous experience in carrying out Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Previous experience working to ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001 international standards, preferably within a pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
- A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
For further information on this EHS Specialist role in Limerick please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.