Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
EHS Specialist - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an EHS Specialist for their site on a contract basis.
The EHS Specialist will ensure the organisation meets all regulatory and corporate requirements from an EHS & Risk Management perspective, coordinating and implementing all assigned OH&S tasks related to EHS objectives and activities on site.
- Ensure robust systems are in place for Risk Management, EHS Compliance Auditing, Safety Culture, EHS training, Accident Investigation, EHS communications and EHS promotional activities etc. on site.
- Develop and coordinate Emergency Response Process onsite and link with Business Continuity Plan at site level
- Chemical safety program, PSSR and new product introductions are compliant with regulations and industry best practice.
- Support Machine Safety, Atex, IH and Ergonomics program on site
- EHS action tracking system (Enviromanager) and CAPA Management system (Corrective and Preventive Actions) and similar software tools oversight building cross functional ownership.
- Engage with other departments within the organisation to ensure corrective actions are understood and implemented.
- Report out weekly to management and teams on KPIs in line with EHS objectives/targets (planned vs. actual performance).
- Undertake Auditing of EHS systems and ensure that corrective actions are closed within a timely manner
- Ensure the site complies with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and WW EHS Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will a self-starter who can drive and manage day to day tasks and projects while collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met to defined schedules.
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter) or in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project Management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Team player
Qualifications and Experience;
- Third level qualification or Diploma in Health and Safety
- 5 – 7 years EHS Experience working in Medical Devices
- Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for EHS hazards and risks identified
- Working knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power-point). MS Project or similar tool is an advantage.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval