Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
EHS Specialist - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an EHS Specialist for their site on a contract basis.
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate
and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to EHS matters.
- Provide project support for all projects including the current 300M project expansion, NPI’s etc. including-
- Ensure all EHSS requirements and standards are in place at design, commissioning and handover phases. Support ‘EHS by design’ process, HAZOPS, ATEX reviews, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
- Oversee EHS aspects of FAT, SAT, commissioning, start-up and final handover.
- Complete Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSR’s) on all process and equipment during client walk downs. Ensure any EHSS critical actions are closed prior to handover or the introduction of hazardous energies or materials into the system.
- Ensure any handover over project, process or equipment is 100% audit ready to regulatory standards.
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programme to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements and support the achievement of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Perform periodic evaluations to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
- Co-ordinate and provide technical support for the site risk assessment programme and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
- Assist in coordination of the site’s EHS teams and provide SME support on EHS related issues.
- Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Investigate accidents and incidents; develop corrective actions and track progress.
- Assist with the management of contractor related activities during normal operations and project/construction activities.
- Prepare EHS reports as required for both internal and external groups e.g. J&J Corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist with the identification of EHS training needs. Develop and deliver EHS training programmes as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments and legal requirements and to advise accordingly.
- Create high impact EHS presentations & documentation as required
She/he will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Bio/Pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EHS&S expertise on and off site.
Key Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results and performance driven
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
Previous experience working to ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001 international standards, preferably within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
- A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
- Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
- Previous experience in carrying out Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Creates dashboards, power-point presentations and can track and trend KPI’s, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
- A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
- A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
- Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
- Builds strong productive lasting relationships
- S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
- Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
- Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
- Uses best practices to improve business operations
- Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
- Effectively manages and adapts to change
- Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others
- Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas.
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents and ideas
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Treats people with dignity and respect
For further information on this EHS Specialist role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval