EHS Staff Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12822
EHS Lead Engineer
I am looking to speak with experienced Environmental Health & Safety Professionals about this great new job opportunity in Cork for a Lead EHS Engineer with one of our leading Medical Device clients?
This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
The EHS Lead will be focused on providing technical support and EHS leadership to the site and region. You will be seen as a subject matter expert (SME) and a key contributor to the EHS strategy. This role mentors and support the site to ensure the delivery of EHS strategy and processes that meet business needs.
- Maintenance of EHS management system in line with internal and regulatory requirements ensuring procedures and other documents are kept up to date.
- Preparation and delivery of training programmes including induction and job specific EHS topics
- Conducts regular EHS inspections and audits to monitor the effectiveness of the EHS management system and highlight any areas for attention/action.
- Preparation of EHS reports/metrics for both internal and external stakeholders
- Leads on EHS issues, stays abreast of evolving standards and technological solutions. Readily shares expertise with others
- Leads the Emergency Response Programme ensuring the procedures, resources and training are in place to deal with all likely emergency scenarios on site
- Ensures a robust EHS incident investigation process is in place. Monitors incident trends identifying areas requiring action. Leads investigations as necessary.
- Assesses the EHS impact of proposed changes to plant, process, equipment etc. and identifies actions to ensure compliance and risk control.
- Ensures effective risk assessment and risk reduction programmes are in place for the site
- Monitors EHS legislation ensuring site compliance with current and future requirements as necessary.
- Maintains waste management requirements and environmental monitoring programme in line with licence requirements
- Leads EHS projects on site and/or across Ireland UK region as required and supports cross functional teams
- Collaborates with site leadership to ensure alignment on priority EHS issues and plans to address same.
- Promotes and supports a culture of accountability and collaboration in relation to safety and environmental performance and expectations
- Manages spend in line with budget and drives efficiencies and cost savings across EHS service and equipment providers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Third level qualification (minimum NFQ 8) in EHS, Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ongoing professional development in the area of EHS desirable
- 6+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional EHS experience and implementation of processes/systems to ensure regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret EHS/regulatory requirements and lead programmes to meet requirements and bring performance to the next level.
- Experience in leading cross functional project teams.
- Proven strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- Extensive experience in implementing and maintaining EHS management systems.
- Comprehensive experience in dealing with EHS regulators e.g. H.S.A., E.P.A, Local Councils etc.
- Relevant professional body qualification or accreditations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- No supervisor responsibilities but may deputize for the leader in their absence
- Champions breakthrough solutions that support our mission, strategy and goals
- Shows agility and flexibility in responding to new or rapidly changing situations.
- Increases business impact by building collaborative networks internally and externally.
- Builds positive relationships and a sense of team work by communicating and reinforcing openness and consistency in meeting commitments.
- Actively encourages sharing talent, knowledge and expertise to achieve the best possible results.
- Holds people accountable for having a sound rationale and framework for taking action.
For further information on this EHS Lead role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on +353 868395531 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…