Telephone: 021 2066287
Who are the client
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an EHS&S Manager for their site on a contract basis.
The Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Manager will manage and lead the safety and environmental function, developing and maintaining robust EHS&S programs and management systems, ensuring that the sites manufacturing and other facilities are in compliance with local EHS&S regulations as well as corporate EHS&S Standards.
What will I be doing:
- Shared responsibility with site General Manager for EHS&S performance at the site.
- Responsible for the management, development, implementation and continual improvement of the site EHS&S Management System on site, and providing feedback to site on potential improvements.
- Develops EHS&S objectives for the site
- Ensures that site systems are aligned to maintain 100% compliance with all Irish and EU Safety Regulations
- Ensures ongoing evaluation of changes in Safety and Environmental Regulatory requirements. Consults with site management on relevant environmental, health and safety regulations identifying the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
- Ensures that any site safety and environmental incidents and deviations are thoroughly investigated, reported, and that remedial and corrective actions taken
- Advises site management on the safe and environmental sound operation of all processes, plant and equipment.
- Provides technical safety and environmental support to the site engineering, facilities and other functional areas
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs.
- Act as primary site contact with all external Regulatory Agencies & Auditors ensuring a good and effective working relationship is maintained at all times between the Company and the Agencies.
- Prepares the operating EHS&S budget, monitors performance against budget targets and manages performance within profit plan.
- Manage site EHS&S professionals, set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counselling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations
- Develops and implements site wide EHS&S training programmes in support of corporate and site EHS&S programmes and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for educating management and workforce regarding pertinent Regulatory and Corporate EHS&S standards.
- Facilitate the development of a culture on-site of self-sufficiency from an EHS&S perspective.
- Continuous Improvements
What do I need
- 10 years+ experience in a similar management role, in a GMP/FDA manufacturing environment
- Technical experience in areas including machine safety, IH and chemical and biological safety, new product and process introductions, environmental licensing
- Project management skills and technical working knowledge of local regulations.
- Strong technical skills in occupational safety disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, influence, planning, organising, and time management skills.
- Superior team player.
- Leadership and stakeholder management
- Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills
- Proven track record of delivering high performance.
- Be energetic, ambitious, enthusiastic, reliable, flexible
- Organisational skills and experience is required in identifying risks in the workplace.
For further information on this EHS Manager role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / 0860449371 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval