Our client, a manufacturing company in the Galway are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer for their site.
Part of the Galway R&D center, the Design Engineer will be responsible for Quality and Reliability (Q&R) work. This role will involve driving reliability and cost improvements through design and innovation on Truck and Trailer temperature control products as part of a team both locally and internationally.
- Identify, design, and manage engineering projects on Truck, Trailer, Under mount and Cryo products that will meet and exceed reliability and productivity requirements.
- Apply 6-Sigma tools and techniques to problem solving and new product development.
- Act as a change agent, thinking ?out of the box? to bring about change and innovation. Keep up to date with leading edge technical developments that may contribute to the next generation product concepts.
- Work within the Company New Product Development (NPD) process. Plan, schedule and report on design projects in a professional manner, using Project Management to coordinate strict deadlines. Co-ordinate where necessary on project efforts across non-engineering functions.
- Use the complete organization as a resource, capturing the experience and expertise of the supply base, while utilizing the design and manufacturing resources, and end-user expertise and experience.
- Act as a resource, supporting other functions in the organization, a team player in Research and development, leading and supporting cross functional teams, interplant teams, and external resources.
- Honors Primary degree, or Masters Degree in Electro-Mechanical / Electronics or Mechatronic Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in Mechanical / Electrical automotive type industry.
- Fluent English - other European language is an advantage
- Project Management experience
- Proficiency in CREO2.0 software a primary requirement
- Proficiency in Large Assembly Techniques will be required as is a detailed understanding of BOM and design structure.
- Previous experience in other related areas, such as Reliability Engineering, Refrigeration, Machining, Sheetmetal & Plastic design, FMEA, 6 Sigma, vibration measurement, FEA, stress analysis and failure analysis is desirable.
- Experience working with Eastern European and in particular Asian suppliers would be a particular advantage.