Telephone: 091 730022
Electrical Design Engineer Galway
I am currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer in Galway for a highly successful manufacturing company based in Galway. The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Electrical/Electronic solutions for the company products in conjunction with the Subject Matter Experts and external experts.
- Delivering solutions that meet all project scope requirements, including Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Service.
- Development, Implementation and coordination of component/module/system validation plans in R&D test facility-ties in conjunction with the Test and Reliability teams, using systematic methodology, such as DFMEA and performance modelling.
- Create detailed documentation of Electrical/Electronic components, including detailed specification drawings and Application Specification Documents.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical/Electronic solutions at external agencies, including HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) testing, as required per regulatory standards.
- Knowledge and ability to work within New Product Development (NPD) Process, with innate understanding of documented prerequisites and Milestone deliverables. Plan, schedule and report on design projects in a professional manner, using Project Management tools to coordinate strict deadlines.
- Liaise with controls and Software Development groups to develop software specifications and Controls Algorithms for Transport Refrigeration Units.
- Develop and manage supplier partnerships with TK's current prospective new suppliers, working closely with vendors to develop and deliver solutions.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety standards and protocols applicable to mobile rotating electrical equipment and mobile AC transmission systems.
- Act as a change agent, thinking "outside the box" to bring about change and innovation. Identify new design/innovative ideas for current and future Transport Refrigeration Unit design architectures.
- Identify industry trends and standards in the automotive industry specifically related to electric motors and generators, hybrid drive systems and electrical actuation systems
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Electro-Mechanical/Electromagnetics Engineering discipline
- Background in design and manufacturing in the aerospace, industrial, or automotive industry desired. Hybrid electric vehicle motor experience helpful.
- Experience in design and debug of embedded microprocessor control systems desired
- Experience in Induction Motor and Permanent Magnet Generator Technology, with materials background in mag-net and magnetic properties and advantage.
- Experience in high power switching devices such as Solid State Switches, Insulated Gate Bi-Polar Transistors (IGBT), Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductor switches and advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of control systems and software testing and debug an advantage. Ability to manage critical product cost and new product development projects with team members and partners spread across global locations.
- Capable of developing and executing test plans, interpreting test data, and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary.
- Previous experience in New Product Development (NPD) process, DFMEA, 6 Sigma, is desirable.
If you would like to discuss this Electrical Design Engineer role in Galway or any other Engineering opportunities I have available, please contact me on 091 730 022 or email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you - Jenny Mullery, Engineering Recruitment Consultant
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval