Electrical Design Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12721
Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking to speak with an experienced Electrical Design Engineer about this great new job opportunity in Cork with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for its culture, exceptional career development pathways, and unrivaled rewards and recognition packages.
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Cork and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you.
We are one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and are dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, neurotechnology, and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer located at our Global R&D Innovation Centre in Cork, Ireland, to work on the next generation of surgical devices.
What you will do
As Electrical Design Engineer, you will perform a wide variety of technical work in the planning and design of embedded hardware, electronic circuits, and PCBs for instrumentation that is used by Orthopedic Surgeons to allow them to plan and perform their procedures. You will be a key contributor to the electrical hardware development process of embedded medical devices.
Who we want
- Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and develop electrical components and sub-systems for medical devices.
- Apply advanced circuit and electrical system test methods.
- Conduct or design prototyping and bench testing.
- Conduct problem solving, identify potential solutions, and evaluate them against component and sub-system requirements.
- Conduct research and studies to support product design.
- Translate design inputs to engineering specifications and produce component and sub-system level designs.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of customer needs and design inputs.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the product’s intended use and clinical procedures.
- Learn how the financial models are constructed.
Med Device Compliance
- Follow fundamental industry standards, design requirements, and test strategies that apply to regulatory requirements.
- Independently create or refine engineering documentation, such as the Design History File.
- Follow R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing, and Project Management to ensure project success as a key member of the team, collaborating with others and solidifying relationships.
- Quickly process and assimilate procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology required.
- Work on complex problems, applying advanced experience and learnings.
- Demonstrate ownership and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Build relationships and influence among peers.
What you will need
- Working knowledge of electrical design process, electrical components, and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and test electrical designs.
- Proficiency with design and concept generation CAD, CAE, or simulation tools.
- Ability to apply analytical tools and statistical methods.
- Knowledge of system components and associated requirements.
- Understanding of the system lifecycle and effects of design choices on the system.
Preferred Skills / Engineering tools
Understands the theory and methods of PCB design and can apply them under minimal supervision while demonstrating:
- Experience in PCB layout using one or more industry-leading layout tools.
- Experience in one or more industry-leading schematic capture tools.
- Knowledge of PCB design rules for high-speed signal integrity, analog circuit design, and power circuits.
- Ability to use PCB analysis tools for signal integrity and EMI/EMC.
- Knowledge of PCB construction and key parameters that impact signal integrity,
Education Bachelor’s degree in EE or related discipline & 2+ years of work experience
- Sedentary work: may exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects. Generally involved sitting most of the time.
- Coordination of eye, hand, and foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination/memory, reading ability, and memory retention ability.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), power tools, and test/inspection equipment.
For further information on this Electrical Design Engineer role in Cork please contact Dominic Courtney on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…