Our client, a manufacturing company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrician/Electrical Engineer for their site in Westmeath.
This role is responsible for providing technical support to ensure efficient running of production including mechanical and electrical work.
- The development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems.
- Automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start up assistance.
- Technical responsibility maintaining, developing, troubleshooting and validating the systems in a compliant manner
- Specification and selection of equipment controls hardware, including PLCs, HMIs, control hardware, robotics, industrial network hardware, pneumatic hardware, motors, inverters, power supplies, safety hardware and process instrumentation.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring. Provide support and programming for PLCs, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc, in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and material handling systems for blow moulding machines.
- Repair of auxiliary equipment such as grinders, conveyors and finishing cells as required
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on blow moulding machines and adjustments to blow moulding process to ensure good production
- Logging and reporting downtime/quality issues
- Supporting product, process and equipment analysis and improvement projects
- Working as member of a team to resolve open issues, drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
The above is not exhaustive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as the employee?s immediate supervisor deems appropriate.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Senior trade Electrician or Diploma in an Electronic/Electrical field
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie