Electrical Engineer II
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer II for their site.
- Plays primary technical role in electrical design, test, and documentation to meet compliance and performance requirements and satisfy customer requested enhancements of medical electro-mechanical systems.
- Works independently as well as with the team to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to electrical instruments and associated systems. Supports and sells decisions through thorough engineering practices and data analysis.
- Creates and communicates design/test plans, tasks, deliverables and status. Manages time and resources to meet committed schedule milestones.
- Participates or leads in the definition of product /design requirements, electronic system architecture development, design and implementation of electronic circuits, test of circuits and systems and the documentation and release of designs.
- Responsible for generating or improving electrical and electro mechanical designs that are optimized for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Follows documented design processes to meet regulatory and company requirements. Responsibilities include generating engineering documentation for a design control process in a regulated environment.
- Interfaces with vendors, manufacturing and other internal groups, and provides work direction to contractors, lab personnel and other technical staff while executing design tasks. Mentors and provides technical assistance as required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Prior relevant technical lead or team lead roles
- Knowledge and experience in design of embedded microcontroller based electronics devices, including FPGA-based, digital and analog design.
- Experience testing electronic devices to meet immunity and emissions requirements
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro PCB) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW)
- Knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 61010, UL, ANSI and ASTM
- Experience in developing verification and validation protocols
- Task planning, sub-team management and leadership skills and experience
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office tools, Visio and MS Project
- Communication, presentation, technical writing and organizational skills
- Familiarity with systems, mechanical and software engineering disciplines
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, quality assurance, reliability assurance, clinical
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience with relevance experience as an electrical design engineer.
- MS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with electro-mechanical systems in the medical device industry is preferred
- Familiarity with C-language programming for embedded systems
- Experience using statistical analysis software to prepare test data for regulatory review (e.g. Minitab, MedStat)
- Project leadership skills and experience desirable.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval