The successful candidate will work as part of the Electrical Engineering team (reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer) has responsibility for the timely development, implementation and coordination of product and system plans. The role will focus on electrical power generation system level engineering and component qualification/validation for their products, the correct and timely delivery of project goals, identification of problems, accurate reporting of same and working as part of the wider engineering team to deliver NPD (New Product Development) projects.
- Design and development of power generation solutions for our clients products, working in conjunction with internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) and external experts.
- Development, implementation and coordination of product/system validation plans in R&D test facilities in conjunction with the Test and Reliability teams.
- Create detailed documentation on power generation solutions, including drawings, application specifications, manufacturing assembly requirements and service maintenance documentation as required.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of power generation solutions at external agencies, for example, EMC testing.
- Liase with Controls and Software group on any specific power generation controls requirements and integration into overall system.
- Develop and manage supplier partnerships with TK?s current and prospective new suppliers
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards and protocols applicable to mobile rotating electrical equipment
- Identify industry trends and standards in the automotive industry specifically related to electric motors and generators, hybrid drive systems and electrical actuation systems
- Support other departments in resolution of Electrical / Electronic Issues and implementation of projects.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in an Electrical / Electronic / Electro-Mechanical / Electromagnetics Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in electrical/electromagnetics engineering.
- Direct generator and motor design experience, with materials background in magnet and magnetic properties an advantage.
- Experience in Inductive Motors and/or PM Generator design, development and manufacturing required.
- Experience in Variable Speed Drives (VSD) and motor and generator control desired.
- Background in design and manufacturing in the aerospace, industrial, wind power generation, or automotive industry desired. - Hybrid electric vehicle motor experience helpful.
- Prior Experience of component qualification programs and new product development in an automotive/ machinery environment is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in high power switching devices such as Solid State Switches, Insulated Gate Bi-Polar Transistors (IGBT), Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductor switches, an advantage.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and test requirements for motors / generators, such as IE efficiency standards, EMC requirements.
- Ability to manage critical product cost and new product development projects with team members and partners spread across global locations.
- Capable of interpreting test data and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary.
For further information please contact Roisin McNamara on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.