Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Technician
for their site.
- Execute and complete tests detailed by Electrical Design Engineers to the required standard including Test Setup, and instrumentation of unit(s) for test in a safe manner.
- Collect test data, prepare reports on outcomes.
- Perform debug on Transport Refrigeration Unit (TRU) Electrical Systems, and on Individual Electrical components. Diagnose Electrical issues, and report root cause.
- Employ Innovation and Initiative to build prototype Electrical and Electronic solutions based on concepts from Design Engineers.
- Collaborate with Controls and Software Development groups to validate software specifications and Controls Algorithms for Transport Refrigeration Units.
- Employ computer applications to program test routines, sequences and algorithms to control Transport Refrigeration Units (TRU), and control individual Electrical Components.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical / Electronic solutions at external agencies, including HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) testing, as required per regulatory standards.
- Participate and contribute to DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis), DVP&R (Design Verification Plan & Report) Activities.
- Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent qualification, in an Electrical / Electronic / Electro-Mechanical / Electromagnetics Engineering discipline.
- Background in the aerospace, industrial, or automotive industry desired. - Hybrid electric vehicle experience helpful.
- Experience in test and debug of embedded microprocessor control systems desired.
- Experience in installation, debug, commission and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is a distinct advantage. Knowledge of ladder diagram concepts beneficial.
- Experience and knowledge of Electro-Mechanical components: Induction Motor and Permanent Magnet Generator technology, transducers, valves, sensors.
- Experience in Power Electronics devices, such as Solid State Switches, Insulated Gate Bi-Polar Transistors (IGBT), Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductor switches, is an advantage.
- High competency in use of Data Acquisition Hardware (DAQ) and Software applications, interfacing and controlling of test instrumentation
- Capable of developing and executing test plans, interpreting test data, and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary.
- Previous experience in New Product Development (NPD) process, DFMEA, DVP&R, 6 Sigma, is desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety standards and protocols applicable to mobile rotating electrical equipment, and mobile AC transmission systems.
- Knowledge of industry trends and standards in the automotive industry specifically related to electric motors and generators, hybrid drive systems and electrical actuation systems
- Good knowledge of Electrical Schematics, and fundamentals of electrical wiring.
- Good practical analytical skills. Ability to Problem Solve Electrical related issues in Transport Refrigeration Units.
- Computer skills in the following Microsoft applications, Excel, Word PowerPoint. (Visio & Project Optional).
For further information on this Electrical Technician role in Galway Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.