- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from our clients Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
Our Client, who are one of Europe’s leading specialist Mechanical & Electrical contractors whom specialize in a number of specialist sectors including data centres, pharmaceutical, life science, industrial, power generation & commercial. Due to our continued success and growth we are now looking for experienced Electrical Testers for a large Data Center project in Finland.
To carry out Testing & Inspection and Certification of all our clients Electrical Installations as required by national governing bodies and to ensure compliance with national regulations and electrical safety procedures.
- Implement and manage Lock Out-Tag Out (LOTO) and Control of Hazardous Energy (COHE) on projects where they are the AP(appointed person)
- Carry out Pre-Test Inspections (walk-down the field installation of each system term to term) on site and compile defect reports on compliance with national electrical regulations.
- Notify Project Manager and QC lead of any non-conformances or hazards on site.
- Carry out testing of Low Voltage installations as required by national governing bodies, issue report and snag list.
- Compilation of reports and issue ‘As Built’ Test Certificates
- Verification of Redlined Drawings for the LV Installation that is being Tested.
- Update cable schedules.
- Create DB schedule’s for inclusion in O&M.
- Complete Test Record Sheets and (Safe Electric Certs if assigned to do so)
- Manage and Implement Electrical Safe System of Work on site( if they are the AP)
- Carry out periodic inspections and surveys of installations.
- Emergency Lighting Commissioning to IS 3217 (desirable).
- ATEX E&I Inspection Test and Certification to ET105:2011 & IS/BSEN 60079 (desirable).
KEY TASKS, ACTIVITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Provide continuous Quality Training Support to Project teams – i.e. Glanding & Terminating.
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Main and Sub-Main Distribution Boards and Transformer offloading cabling.
- Carry out Inspection & Testing of Final Sub-Circuits.
- Assist close-out of project issues/ investigations / queries.
- Ensure safety measures are being implemented with regard to meters and PPE being used i.e. ARC Flash.
- Issues Final Certification for project.
ESSENTIAL BASIC EXPERIENCES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred.
- CompEx E01-06 qualified for ATEX environments (preferable).
- LOTO and COHE trained.
- ‘Authorised Person’ competent and trained.
- Adhere to Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear switching protocols - ACB’s, MCCB’s etc.
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Pharma / Medical Devices / Data Centre experience / knowledge.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements – ETCI, British Standards, EN standards and Cenelec, is desirable.