Electronic Design Engineer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Electronic Design Engineer for their site.
- We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, Electronics Design Engineer to join a small and dynamic R&D team developing products for consumer and medical markets.
- As a member of a small team, you will have responsibility for generating new and innovative ideas and turning them into real products. The role encompasses all aspects of R&D and working with manufacturing partners in Asia.
- Electronic Engineering degree or diploma with distinction
- Strong knowledge of analogue design including op-amps, discrete transistor circuits, DAC and ADC circuits.
- Knowledge of digital circuits, microprocessors
- Knowledge of design for manufacture for high volumes markets
- Knowledge of Schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Basic knowledge of EMC and safety principles
- New Product Development: Key role in the specification, realisation and proving of new designs including associated documentation; improvement to and cost reduction activities on existing products.
- Electronic Verification: Preparation and execution design verification protocols
- Customer & Manufacturing Support: Act as a key team member in support activities to resolve manufacturing, inter-departmental and customer queries
- Test Support: Provide Test Equipment support to sub contract manufacturers, Execute Test equipment validations and carry out operator training when required.
- Competitor Product Analysis: Compare and contrast competitor products, when requested, with those of the company and produce summary reports for use by marketing
Academic and Professional Experience
- Qualification level and discipline: Electronic Engineering degree or diploma with distinction
- Work experience: 1-5 years
- Industry type: Electronics
Skills & Attributes
- Results driven
- Strong analogue design skills
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise workload
- Familiarity with high volume production
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
- Good team worker
Interpersonal skills Intermediate
Accomplishments/Results Orientation Advanced
Attention to Detail Advanced
Customer Service Orientation Basic
Sales Orientation Basic
Decision Making, Problem Solving & Judgement Advanced
Initiative & Innovation Advanced
Planning & Organisation Intermediate
Pressure Tolerance & Resilience Intermediate
Supervising & Developing Others Intermediate
Teamwork/Working with Others Advanced
For further information on this Electronic Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval